BWSTA OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM AND MEMBERSHIP FORM
$30.00 Yearly membership per person to fish tournaments. To join fill out entry form and write NEW or RENEWAL and old number on Membership # line. We have read and understand the rules and enclose the completed application and our entry fee (see rule #3) payable to: BASS WORLD SPORTS. In signing this application, we hereby waive our legal venue, we hereby waive and release all other contestants, sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims for injury and/or damages incurred in connection with this tournament and agree to all their rules and decisions. Receipt date of entry determines starting position. Cash, check or money order must accompany this entry form to qualify for tournament entry. I further state I am a current member of BWSTA and that I maintain liability insurance an have verification of liability insurance on the boat I will use in this tournament, if requested by BWSTA. NO POST DATED CHECKS.
A. Boaterís Name___________________________________________Address________________________________________________
B. Partnerís Name___________________________________________Address_______________________________________________
Tournament Lake_________________________________Div.#_______________Date of Tournament____________________________
Ranger Cup Member Number_____________________________Expiration Date__________Towing Vehicle_______________________
Credit Card Number_____________________________________________Expiration Date_____________Your Zip Code____________
Mail to: BASS WORLD SPORTS TOURNAMENT ASSOC. 4030 N Service Rd St Peters MO 63376 Phone (636) 244-2388 Fax (636) 926-2422
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
( Detach above and mail with fee ) RETAIN THESE RULES
BASS WORLD SPORTS TOURNAMENT ASSOCIATION TOURNAMENT RULES
1. RULES: The following rules for this tournament will be used. These rules will be interpreted by the Tournament Officials and all decisions are final. Any violation of these rules, Dept. of Conservation or State Water Patrol regulations shall be reason for disqualification and possibly from all future events. Failure to read these rules is no excuse. Knowledge of all BWSTA rules is your responsibility, and by signing this entry form, we hereby waive our legal venue and agree with all BWSTA decisions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: All individuals, 18 years of age or older unless participating with a parent or guardian, and who have paid the proper entry fees. Entry form must be completely filled out and signed by both contestants. Membership is required to fish BWSTA Team Tournaments and each contestant must be a member in good standings. Anyone fishing with an expired membership or no membership will be reason for both partners to be disqualified. We reserve the right not to accept any entries, we feel that are not in the best interest of BWSTA. BWSTA membership is $30.00 per year ( 12 Months ) and good for all BWSTA tournaments.
3. ENTRY FEES: Team $150.00 per boat. Bonus Side Pot (100% payback) $20.00 per boat if you enter it. Entries will be accepted by mail up to Friday morning before tournament and at the tournament site will be accepted up to take-off time. All credit card entries will be charged an additional 7% fee. Entries transferred to another date will be charged $20.00. Divisions requiring a release boat, will pay an additional $10.00 fee, to be paid that morning of tournament only. Do not mail this fee, with entry fees. (Note only for: Big Bass Tournaments $150.00 entry fee per boat, 2 fishermen per boat, no membership fee, no late fees and no guides.
4. TOURNAMENT HOURS: You must check in by 5:30 a.m. for all day tournaments, hours will be announced in morning. Night tournaments 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. We reserve the right to assign flights, change hours and tournament dates if necessary. No off limits time before any BWSTA tournaments. Tournament hours will be re-announced before take-off.
5. TAKE-OFF: Will be in order in which entries are received. The take-off site area will be the official check-out and check-in area. Red boat numbers assigned must be displayed during the tournament hours. Live-wells and kill switches will be inspected during take-off.
6. TEAM: Teams consist of 2 members who fish together. If 1 member cannot fish other team member may use an alternate or fish by themselves, points will be awarded to the original team. Team Classic, the top 40% of teams from each divisions yearly total average boats, plus wild cards teams from each division. You must fish 6 BWSTA team tournaments for a wild card spot, and to eligible for draw boat at classic. No alternate for Team Classic, unless pre-approved by BWSTA. No exceptions.
7. TACKLE & EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures or baits may be used. All bass must be caught alive on a rod and reel during the tournament hours from a boat in a sporting manner. No Trolling.
8. BOATS & MOTORS: Boats 15 feet or longer, with properly working aerated live-wells and kill switch. NO AIR or DUCK BOATS ALLOWED. NO OVERPOWERED BOATS ALLOWED. All boats must meet B.I.A., U.S. Coast Guard and State Water Patrol regulations.
9. SAFETY & SPORTSMANSHIP: Safe boating and fishing practices, must be observed at all times. Life jackets MUST BE WORN anytime the combustion motor is running. Kill switches MUST BE ATTACHED to driver anytime the combustion motor is running. Each contestant is expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. No alcoholic beverages, stimulants or depressants allowed in boats. No hole sitting or holding a fishing spot for another fishermen or contestants.
10. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Anywhere on the tournament water except within 50 yards of another contestant's boat, or the take-off area inside the marker buoys. All fishing must be done from boat. Contestants can lock into other poolís by boat. No contestant may leave the boat to land a fish and no trailering. Any rule changes at tournament site will over ride any written rule.
11. SCORING: Largemouth, Kentucky and Smallmouth Bass will be weighed. Only 5 fish per boat may be weighed-in. All fish will be measured on a flat metal keeper board. All fish will be measured with mouth closed and with a pinched or fanned tail. Any short fish presented for weigh-in will cause 2 Lbs to be deducted from total weight and loss of short fish. Dead fish will receive a 1 Lb deduction per fish and only 2 dead fish per boat. No culling inside the marker buoys of the take-off cove or weigh-in area. We reserve the right to change the number of fish per boat if necessary.
12. WEIGH-IN: Will begin at end of the tournament hours. No fish will be weighed until then. You must be at scales with fish, 1/2 hour after check-in. One team member must be present with weigh-in slip to verify weight during weigh-in. Weighing-in more then 5 fish, disqualification.
13. PROTESTS: Must be filed in writing within 10 minutes after weigh-in and signed. Person or persons, making protest will be responsible for payment of test. Random testing may be given at anytime by tournament officials to any contestant, with or without a protests being filed.
14. TIES: Ties, will be broken by earliest entry received.
15. CHECK-IN & LATE PENALTY: All boats must check-in, any boat weighing in fish that did not check-in will be disqualified. Late penalty is 1 Lb per minute up to 10 minutes. The check-in area will be the same area as the take-off area. NO EXCEPTIONS.
16. PAYBACK: 80% Cash payback plus prizes. Bonus Side Pot 100% cash payback. Cash payback will be 1 payback for every 5 boats, up to 25 places.
17. RANGER CUP BONUS: $250.00 Ranger Cup Bonus money will be paid to highest Ranger Boat Owner. Fishing out his Ranger Boat at all sanctioned BWSTA Tournaments. With a valid Ranger Cup Card and who has followed all Ranger Cup Rules and has the most weight, weighed in the day of the tournament. Will win the $250.00 Ranger Cup Bonus money.
18. POINTS: Points will be issued as followed, 1st 100, 2nd 99, 3rd 97, 4th 96 down to 60th place. Every team after 61st place weighing in fish will receive 40 points. Any team not weighing in a fish will receive 20 points. Points will stay in division you fished in. The satellite divisions points will accumulate from each division tournament you fish in. You can fish as many tournaments as you want in the satellite and pick your best 6 for the satellite division. Only 4 of 6 satellite tournaments can be fished in the same division. BWSTA Team tournament points used towards qualifying for Team Classics and Top Point Team awards. All Teams must have fished at least 4 Team tournaments, plus have enough points to qualify for Team Classic or fish 6 BWSTA team tournaments for a wild card spot. You must fish 6 tournaments to be eligible to win the attendance prize draw boat at the BWSTA Team Classic, in a drawing after the tournament.
19: POLYGRAPH TEST: Each contestant agrees by their signature on the application, to submit to a polygraph test. Director will determine who will take the tests. Anyone refusing to take a test will be disqualified. To pay for test in the Team tournaments 2 entries will be held out of all team paybacks to pay for test. Money not used for test will be used for additional prizes and free entries at the Team Classic.
20. CHALLENGE RULE: Short or dead fish may be challenged, we will stop weigh-in and make every effort to determine if fish is short or dead.
21. TOURNAMENT MEETING: 10 minutes before take-off. We will go over the basic rules and tournament hours before take-off.
22. TOURNAMENT CANCELLATION: If canceled due to reasons of safety, high water, etc., entry fees will be transferred. NO REFUNDS.